Los Angeles, CA – Earlier this week, a dog spooked by fireworks found himself lodged in a narrow opening between two buildings, requiring the help of firefighters to set him free. The harrowing incident was recounted by the Los Angeles Fire Department who said that the dog, a Rottweiler, is believed to have been stuck overnight in the narrow opening.
The trapped dog was freed after the fire department was made aware of the situation, and amazingly, despite an opening that appeared to be impossible to escape, the dog was removed without injury.
A poignant image captured by the Los Angeles Fire Department reveals the dog’s happiness after being freed and reunited with his owner.
The rescue effort earned accolades from followers of the fire department’s Instagram account. Great job Los Angeles Fire Department! A job well done.
(Images via LAFD Facebook and Instagram)
Continue reading: Three More Racehorse Deaths Prompt Protests